quarta-feira, 5 de junho de 2013

Safety Last! (1923)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7fkzzOunU1rn1jmko1_1280.jpg
 *Lot of Laugh* - You watching this film

As I'm a huge fan of black/white and silent films I feel guilty for never have watched this one before, it's looks so underrated. We're used to hear about the great classics of Chaplin and Buster Keaton, but Harold Lloyd is one to put in together with them.

I felt like a child watching Looney Tunes cartoons, and again I confirmed that a good comedy can be a simple one, and more simple more funny it is. It's incredible how this kind of movie can make you laugh out of silly things when todays movies just throw a bunch of images, words and sounds to force people to laugh.

The building climbing scene is fantastic, it's made of funny moments and some quite intences. Sometimes it seemed so realistic for it's time. The film doesn't get boring and the comedy has a good timing.

I shall never forget to mention this film when the "silent films" subject comes up.

I'll give it Five Star soon as I ditch the cop.

*****

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário